Hi all,

  While doing something else I stumbled upon something I haven't seen
and can't find any good docs on.  The platform is a 6509 with dual
supII's and the command is:

C6509> (enable) set dot1x ?
  system-auth-control        Enable/Disable dot1x on the system
  max-req                    Set dot1x maximum number of retransmissions
  quiet-period               Set dot1x quiet period
  re-authperiod              Set dot1x re-authentication period
  server-timeout             Set dot1x server timeout
  supp-timeout               Set dot1x supplicant timeout
  tx-period                  Set dot1x tx period
C6509> (enable) set dot1x

  I found it when trying to enable highavailability:

C6509> (enable) set sys highavailability ena
Failed to enable system high availability.
Feature not allowed while DOT1X is enabled.

  Anyone have and god URLs that better describe what this feature is all
about??  I can find the command description all over but not when and
why I would want this feature and why is disables highavailability.

  Thanks

  Dave
--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"You don't make the poor richer by making the rich poorer." --Winston
Churchill