I wasn't aware that 3.1 was out. I was told way back when that 3.1 would
include CRL support by TAC , but considering my recent troubles with TAC, it
doesn't surprise me.

I agree with the stolen laptop, but your expecting the typical user to
actually think. If they do actually ( send them a bonus check and flowers !
) then you would need to disable, but NOT delete the account listed as the
CN of the cert.
If 3.1 does support CRL's then you could revoke the cert, but otherwise,
change the CN and disable the old account.

My approach is going to be issue a single Cert. per wireless location. If it
is compromised everyone that uses those AP's will need to get another Cert
that is valid and then disable the old one.  My reasoning for this is that I
don't want to issue everyone a Cert based on their network login, else when
its lost, I have to disable their account and assign a new, and non-standard
login. I guess you could modify the login for cert purposes, but then you
still have an equal number of certs per wireless user. I figure it is more
manageable to have 50 certs for 50 locations than 2500 certs for 2500 users.

Of course if I could just dictate Cisco and LEAP then all would be well, but
alas, it ain't gonna happen.

Thanks

Larry