I'm trying to configure an input-access-list on 7204 Routers (IOS 12.2(10)),
which should filter on the destination (!) MAC-address but can't get it
work. Is this even possible?

The router should ignore all traffic with a destination-MAC (multicast) of
0100.5e7c.0006 and accept all other traffic. In my setup, this address is
used with Firewalls in a Stonebeat cluster.

Without filter my routers, by mistake, listen to this traffic, replicate it
and send it out again which causes multicast-storms.

I've read that this is quite a common behaviour observed with Cisco-Routers
that run HSRP. By mistake some Routers (depending on what?) sometimes listen
to all Layer2 Multicast-Traffic instead to just the HSRP-Multicasts.

Unfortunately, I can't configure any filters on the switch, which led me to
the idea to apply a filter on the routers.

It's no problem to configure an extended MAC Access-list (access-list
). But I struggle with applying it to the interface.
The 'bridge-group  input-address-list ' just allows standard MAC
Access-Lists, which would filter the source-address only.

So I tried the follwoing approach (CAR):

access-list 1100 permit 0000.0000.0000 ffff.ffff.ffff 0100.5e7c.0006
0000.0000.0000
access-list 101 permit ip any any

interface fastethernet0/0
rate-limit input access-group 1100 100000000 100000 100000 conform-action
drop exceed-action drop
rate-limit input access-group 101 100000000 100000 100000 conform-action
transmit exceed-action transmit

In the lab the router accepted the commands, but now it blocks all traffic
instead just the specified destination mac-address.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Lars Bucher