J B wrote:

> I have a client mortgage company the would like to connect to
> the internet and provide VPN access to the sattelite offices.
> Is there any legal or specific requirement they need to meet in
> order to allow access to users over the internet.   Can
> somebody help.
> Thanks
> J barrera

There are numerous specific technical requirements, but there probably
aren't any legal requirements, if you're talking about the United States. In
the U.S., the Internet is a lawless place, with good people and also
numerous thieves and vandals. So you want to protect yourself with
encryption, etc., but the laws probably won't protect you.

Your ISP may have an Acceptable Use Policy that is relevant. If you already
have a "business account" with the ISP, I would guess that both VPN clients
and concentrators are permitted. But that depends on the ISP. If you have an
"end-user account," then a VPN concentrator might be ouside the acceptable
use policy.

You also posted an empty message that said "Thank-you for the info." What
info? If someone did help you, it might be nice to share it with us all so
the group benefits. And people who answer should answer to the entire group.
Also, empty messages waste bandwidth. If you use the Web site, please click
on the Quote button so we can see the message to which you are responding.
Thanks.

Priscilla Oppenheimer
www.troubleshootingnetworks.com
www.priscilla.com