i'm looking for ways to convince my customer to
migrate to an all-cisco environment, which would
entail swapping out all the procurve switches
installed on the LAN edge.  The rest of the network is
almost exclusively Cisco (routers and firewalls).

obviously, i know i could utilize the existing hp's as
they are, but i think it's a good idea to simplify and
standardize on one brand due to managment,
capabilities, and possibly other issues, especially
since it's financially feasible for this company.

Has anyone ever come across this situation before?
Have you been successful in recommending cisco over hp
to your client/manager?  if so, can you share what
facts and performance differences you found regarding
this subject?  any other information to help me out?

thanks,

ed

http://mailplus.yahoo.com