""Eric R""  wrote in message
> try this command - quick trick to return interfaces to defaults, works on
> routers too from 12.x on. Nice thing here is quickness. No need to wr er
and
> reload...
>
> 3550(config)#default interface fa0/1

CL: hey, I really LIKE this command, ER. I've been doing some speed drills,
configuring, unconfiguring, and reconfiguring ether channels, trunks, and
some other stuff on the switches, and this really speeds up the process.

CL: plus, if I should nake a mistake you-know-where, it will be more easily
corrected.

CL: sure beats the hell out of cut and paste to notepad, insert a "no" at
the start of each line, then pasting back.