Hello group, I was wondering about the following question:
Is worth to implement VLANs and L3-switching instead a flat L2-network?
I know that this question has been discussed here several times, but the
answer is always the same: depends. What I would like to know is if sombody
has implemented a L3-switched network following the "Cisco style"
(Core-distribution-access or collapsed core-access) and now the performance
is better than with a L2 network.
I had an experience with a network (about 1000 users) with VLANs and Alcatel
L3-switches that was terribly slow when you tried to transfer files between
VLANs so the staff decided migrate to a flat network, that increased the
network performance noticeably.
Do you have real experiences or links talking about real experiences that I
can check?
Thanks and advance.