Dear all,

Pls kindly help the following:

Really I am not understand although it is simple.

We colocate the router (2511) to our provider data center. Which having two
ethernet interface. One connecting to date center internet and one is
connecting to our own LAN (which is private ip address). So we do NAT in
this router.

BUt sometime, we find that the ping time to internet is abnormal and very
slow. After enable the logging in our router. We find the following log:

3d01h: %QUICC-ETHER5-COLL:Unit0, excessive collisions, Retry limit 15
exceeded.

We are sure that the cable is normal and our router also normal....

Our Data center connected to our router using cisco 2950 switch and having
the following setting in their switch port:

interface FastEthernet0/14
 load-interval 30
 duplex half
 speed 10

Anyway, it seems normal to me but the date center suggest us to using
fastethernet in our router to connecting to their switch and will not having
any collision. So I wonder why it is true or not? Also, why ethernet can't
connect to Cisco 2950 switch and having collision?