A diagram would help. I'm visualizing the remote site as having one Internet
connection. The gateway router's inside interface connects to a hub/switch.
The outside interfaces of the two 506s connect to this hub/switch. The
inside interfaces of the 506s connect to a second (common) hub/switch which
is the LAN. So the two 506s are in parallel. True?

I repeat the mantra of this list. "What is the problem that you are trying
to solve?" What is the perceived problem? What is the supposed solution?
Does the solution really fix the problem?

Can you be more clear about how "redundancy" will be provided. Is the
customer concerned about a PIX failing? Does he need both 506s working at
the same time?

If not, one could be on line with the other as a cold spare (either
installed or on the shelf.) Imagine the joy of keeping those configs in
sync!!

If so, then I'm guessing that the 506s are in parallel. Then each requires
its own outside address - which is different from a standard failover
scenario. Can you create a VPN from HQ to each 506 - with one preferred?