i can attest to that...i passed w/o a prob 3 yrs ago & failed on the new
written...its a night & day difference...when they lower the pass mark from
70% to 58%, it should make you think!

-----Original Message-----
From: Priscilla Oppenheimer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 11:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RE: CCIE written [7:58400]

B.J. Wilson wrote:

> I would think that this would be a bad thing, for two reasons:
> one, the number of people who put "CCIE Written" on their
> resumes will increase, and the availability of lab dates will
> decrease.

I don't think the lower passing score means more people pass. The test is
harder than it used to be.

> US$0.02,
>
> BJ

Isn't your logic backwards if you say that the exam is more doable and less
scary now?

To maintain the same ratio of passing people versus non-passing people, they
reduced the passing score because the exam is harder to pass than it used to
be.

At least that is what I would assume, or am I confused?

Priscilla