JS,

Without knowing your available hardware, its hard to say what your best cost
options are.  But,  if you have a modular router like Cisco 3640, you can
buy a HSSI interface and plug your DS3 right into the router from your
carrier.  Your ISP will provide the IP addressing and your local
fastethernet will take care of the rest.

Again, without knowing your what you have in terms of hardware and budget,
its hard to provide a real answer. I think there is a vendor who makes a
HSSI interface for Linux, I would not do that, though. Get a router so you
don't have to worry too much about patches and hacks. ;)

Don't get me wrong , though, Linux and FreeBSD provide many solutions
which I use.  But, in this case I would want the "high pucker factor"
on a very "visable" piece of equipment.

Ted