Hi all
    I have very basic doubt regarding the frame-relay congestion control.

I have two routers which are connected thro' FR network.This is as follows

R1---------------FR cloud-------FR cloud------------------R2

Now suppose the congestion is occuring in the path R1 to R2 and there is no
congestion in the path from R2 to R1.
   According to theory, FR network will set the FECN bit to a 1 in those
frames that r going form R1 to R2. The FR network will set the BECN bit to a
1 in those frames that r going from R2 to R1.
  My thinking is if the network is already congested, would the frames be
discarded before they reach the other end. If this is true, how will the
other end router would come to know that the congestion is happening in the
path.
  If the its not true, then how will those frames, with FECN and BECN bit
set to 1, reach the FR routers at the end, even though there is congestion
in the path.
  I am confused regarding this. Please can anyone helpme out in this regard.

Regards
Deepak