Greetings,
I have been given the opportunity to install/configure a new 506E pix
firewall
which our client had purchased from another supplier.
Configuring it to provide basic connectivity seemed somewhat linear (I will
not be using any IPsec features ;)  ), the client had also purchased a 168
bit
licence key.
Ok, my question is, what am I supposed to do with this serial number provided
on a (official-looking) document that accompanied the pix?
I thought the pix would prompt me for an activation key after booting the
flash, as explained in this url,
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_installation_g
uide_chapter09186a0080089812.html#xtocid38 ?
however, it booted up normally into the default prompt ( pixfirewall> ).