Can anyone help me answer a few questions regarding this series router?

1.  The spec sheet says it performs multiprotocol routing over ipsec.
My question is: how?  Is there some inherent technology that performs
this feature, or is it the IOS's ability to create a GRE over an IPSEC
tunnel?
2.  What are the main differences between the NPE's and NSE's?  I can't
decide which processor I need.
3.  What's the difference between the VXR models and the "normal"
models?

That's it, for starters...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ed