Cisco Newbie wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.  Can you or someone please give me an
> example of what the following would look like configured on the
> switch?
> 1.  The server port be a member of 2 vlans
> 2.  The same server port configured for tagging
> 3.  The 2 DSLAM ethernet ports (UPLINK and MNGT) be configured
> as an untagged member of the vlan
> Thanks.
> Dave

Dave,

What type of switch?  Have you searched on CCO?  They almost always have an
example config to meet your needs.  The answer to 1 & 2 above is the same.

The general form for a non-tagged access port is:

set vlan 1 1/1
set vlan 2 1/2

This assigns port 1/1 to vlan 1 and port 1/2 to vlan 2

The general form for a tagged trunk would be:

set trunk 2/1 on dot1q 1-2
clear trunk 2/1 3-1005

This sets port 2/1 as a dot1q trunk carrying vlans 1 & 2.  All others are
cleared.

But depending on the switch, this may not be any good.

Scott