If your buying a VXR which you most likely are since I think the
non-VXR platform is EOL, you will want a NPE300 at a minimum to get the
VXR 900M backplane as opposed to 600M.  The bottom line is what need are
you trying to fulfill??  A 7200 may well be more than you need, how bout
the 3745?...

   Dave