From: Ivan Yip [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 12:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: FR Low Latency Queuing (LLQ) [7:59820]

Hi,

I would like to configure QoS by using FR LLQ. I have the following network
test lab.

pc1 ------|
          ---router1----FR network-----router---- FTP server
pc2-------|

I want to test the LLQ feature, ie, fixed bandwidth allocated to certain
taffic.

I tested with the following steps
1. upload from pc2 to FTP server to make the FR PVC congested.
2. then upload from pc1 to FTP server
If no qos defined, the bandwidth will roughly equally shared.
(This was tested and OK)
3. Then I define the LLQ on router1 to guarantee the bandwidth from PC1 by
'bandwidth' or 'priority' and test ftp upload again.

Configuration is below:

class-map match-all 1
  match access-group 20

policy-map 1
  class 1
   bandwidth 80 or priority 80 (** define 80k to this policy)

interface Serial0/0
 bandwidth 128
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF
 load-interval 30
 no fair-queue
 frame-relay traffic-shaping
 frame-relay lmi-type ansi
!
interface Serial0/0.1 point-to-point
bandwidth 128
ip address 10.114.0.14 255.255.255.252
 frame-relay interface-dlci 200
  class llq1

map-class frame-relay llq1
 frame-relay traffic-rate 128000 128000
 no frame-relay adaptive-shaping
 frame-relay cir 128000
 frame-relay bc 1280
 frame-relay be 0
 frame-relay mincir 128000
 service-policy output 1

access-list 20 permit 192.168.10.2 (ip address of pc1)

However, when I use 'bandwidth 80', I found the average throughput from pc1
will have around 80k but the traffic rate is vary from time to time.
(somtimes 100k and sometimes 50k). Why?

Even worse, if I use 'priority 80', the traffic from pc1 can only have
average around 30k during link congestion. Why?

Also, the ping delay from pc1 to router2 and pc2 to router2 are almost equal
(either bandwidth or priority). I expected that the ping from pc1 will get
better response as the bandwidth was guaranteed.

Anyone can give me some hints on above questions?

Thanks in advance.

rgds,
ivan

'privileged'
and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to
which it is
addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the
information
contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.