From: Marc Thach Xuan Ky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 6:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: IOS process scheduler algorithm [7:60206]

Hi all,
I am reading Cisco Press "Inside Cisco IOS Software Architecture" and
have some outstanding questions about the scheduler, maybe somebody can
help me.  The text describes how the low priority queue is only skipped
15 times before it is serviced even when there are processes queuing at
higher priorities.
Does this count up to 15 include the times that both medium and low
priority queues are skipped?
There seems to be no similar counter for the medium queue, am I correct
then in assuming that the only failsafe servicing of the medium priority
queue is acheived via the "interleaving" occuring during failsafe
servicing of the low priority queue, which would imply the answer to the
first question?
rgds
Marc