From: Marc Thach Xuan Ky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 2:36 PM
To: Vicuna, Mark
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: IOS process scheduler algorithm [7:60206]

Thanks Mark,
I get it now I think.  I was envisaging processes remaining in the queue
and a pointer selecting each in turn.  In fact of course, because it's
not a pre-emptive OS, this doesn't occur, the processes are removed (as
in fact stated in the book) and put on either the idle or dead queue.
Also I was envisaging an equal number of processes in each queue whereas
after further consideration I would guess that most processes are high
or medium.
thanks again,
Marc

"Vicuna, Mark" wrote:

> Nope - From step 3&4 in the book.
>
> There are no counters for critical and high priority queues either.
The