At 6:38 PM +0000 1/5/03, Symon Thurlow wrote, apropos of cert vs. degree:
>Yawn..... Isn't this thread finished yet?

Obviously not, and at least some of the people in it are still
simultaneously making pure technical contributions to the list. If it
bothers you, skip it.

Let me say, though, that you are a regular enough contributor of
decent material that you have the right to criticize.

We all have things that we aren't interested in. They may be how to
solve specific vendor labs, although my particular irritation is the
"I have a customer that wants...".  Even in the latter case, I'll
welcome it if it's phrased in a way that contributes to general
knowledge, and the original poster summarizes what was decided.