""John Brandis""  wrote in message
> G'Day all
>
>snip the part answered elsewhere >

> Also, does OSPF make any assumptions about the network type if it is not
> specified, and if not, what are the default settings for OSPF interface
> network types ( hope that makes sence)

ospf network types are well defined, and usually are easily determined. On
an ethernet or a token ring, for example, there is only one type possible -
broadcast.

on a serial link, there is only one type posssible - point-to-point

( OK, on these two maybe it's possible to manually change the type, but why
would you? )

on frame relay, it gets complicated. the physical interace defaults to
non-broadcast ( NMBA )

on a subinterface, it depends on whether the subinterface is multipoint or
point-to-point

HTH