From: Erick B. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 9:37 PM
To: Williams, Dave; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: User Privilege Level [7:60469]

Dave,

Priv. level 1 gives you basic show commands, etc.

level 15 is full access like you mentioned.

levels 2-14 don't have any special commands , but you
re-assign commands to these levels for different users
for example.

Theres also a priv level 0 which gives you close to no
commands on router IOS and you need to reduce the
level 1 (default level) to 0 if you make the priv
level 0 for line vty for example. I'm not sure if you
can go to 0 on the switches.

When you say reset ports, do you mean clean counters
or shut/no shut the port? the latter would be config
access. What type of switch is this and version of
code? Awhile back when I was doing this for a client
there was a minor bug with the priv commands and
config mode for setting speed and duplex where the
commands weren't saved properly. haven't checked that
in quite awhile though.

Erick

--- "Williams, Dave"
wrote:
> I've been searching CCO most of the afternoon and
> can't seem to find the
> correct URL.  I'm looking for a way to allow a
> technician to reset ports on
> a switch and look at interface stats, but not allow
> configuration access.
>
> For example, I know that user level 15 is the same
> as having the enable
> password and user level 1 is the same as a generic
> user, but I don't know
> what the other levels do for me.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Dave Williams