All,

I need some serious help for a serious problem. We have implemented a
vpn solution with 2 3030 concentrators. All work fine except for the
dialin users, everything is terribly slow I used dialin tonight and had
a 50.6 connection and it was creeping along like it was 9600 baud. I was
getting dns resolution problems on web pages I knew were up like CCO. I
have enabled LZS compression on both concentrators. I also have users
complaining that they get exchange errors like can't contact server.
Here is the confusing and tricky part.
Now on the other hand broadband users just couldn't be happier. I have
broadband at home also and all this crap I experienced tonight on dialup
none of it has shown it's ugly head on broadband, no exchange error or
anything. I have looked over CCO and looks like there was a few bugs for
the vpn client but supposedly fixed and I am using the latest client.
Also on the Network Professional news group on CCO there are just a TON
of people complaining about VPN and outlook access in some form or
another with no resolution.

I called TAC and opened a case and the TAC engineer said yeah he knows
about the errors and that is the nature of the VPN beast and said Cisco
likes to recommend to custmers implementing VPN technology that they put
a OWA(outlook Web Access) server in a dmz some place because web
browsing is a much better experience over VPN.
I just can't accept this as an answer I am out of ideas of what to try
and there has to be someone out there in this big IT world that has
happy dialup users using Outlook/Exchange through vpn concentrators. I
did follow the recommendations on CCO about lowering the MTU settings on
the client side but that does not fix it.

If anyone has seen this and have a fix please let me know it would be
greatly appreciated. Out of all honesty I am looking for any experience
at all just to here what the general consensus is on this, so if you
have a fix or not I would like to here about your overall experience.

Thank You