I have a small network where users have been complaining of slowness.  I
decided to run sniffer and was really confused about a machine running on ip
address 10.0.3.10 sending a packet to a non-existing ip address which is
10.0.3.127.  I understand that broadcast will be sent to all the hosts in
the network only to existing ip addresses, but don't understand why the
broadcast is going to 10.0.3.127.  It doesn't effect the machine, but
ofcourse its taking the bandwidth on the ethernet wire.    Thanks,

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com