From: Erick B. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 11:17 PM
To: Vicuna, Mark; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RX port buffers on cat4000's [7:61248]

* In-Lost - Packets which could not be received since
the input buffers are full. Reason: Excessive input
rate of traffic.

* Delay Exceed - This is an indication of the number
of frames discarded because of excessive delay in the
switching process. Reason/Cause: Severe problem with
the switch. Open a case with the Cisco TAC

I'm guessing the PIX connection has lots of traffic
(probably constant). maybe some sort of attack was
going on at this time. Might be a combination of
devices attached to that blade. There is no buffer
adjustments I know of.

Also the sup2 on 4006 does 18 Mpps , whereas a
sup3/sup4 can do 48 Mpps.

--- "Vicuna, Mark"  wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has figures for the size of
> rx buffers for cat 4000
> ports?  Had a issue today where a port was connected
> to a pix 535 manually
> set at half/100 (yep you read right), the switch
> port was at auto/auto.  The
> rate of In-Lost (rx buffer filling up) errors was on
> average 5 per minute
> (among all the other errors of course).
>
> I have seen In-Lost and delay-exceeds rise up for
> mis-settings to servers,
> but the pix connection was showing some pretty fast
> counter stats
>
> Hard to find these small details sometimes in doco..
> maybe anyone here from
> cisco can advise?
>
> the mod on the 4006 is a ws-x4424-gb-rj45 (hw 1.5)
> with a supII (hw 3.2,
> gsp 7.1(2.0), nmp 7.1(2))
>

> Cheers,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]