""Francisco Sedano/Inf-Pronet""  wrote in message
> Maybe that message is coming from the Boot, which is older it two of the
> routers. I see it ocassionally, but it doesn't harm, since as soon as
> correct IOS loads, later on the boot process, the sentence will be
> understood.
>
> What I don't understand is the reason of the reloading... What can you see
> in Show ver regarding last boot?

the last boot occured after the password recovery process, during which I
simply removed the command "ip pim sparse-dense-mode" from the token ring
interface.

it may be that the two token ring interfaces were in shutdown state, whereas
the two routers that came up fine were operational.

Once in a while I run into odd occurences with the 25xx series and the more
recent IOS images. even with 16/16  once in a while something strange
happens, something that a simple reload cures. I suspect that when the
images start creeping into the 16 meg range, that the router runs out of
places to put things.