I've encountered this issue in our production environment with policy-maps.
Here's the answer Cisco's TAC gave me. Since the msfc interfaces are
software based, the MLS engine will bypass the route processor on most of
your layer 3 packets. This prevents the shaping/policing policy from being
applied on all egress traffic. You can, however, successfully apply the
policies to all ingress traffic because it must travel thru the Layer 3
process before it is sent to the destination node. So, if you're applying a
service-policy to a msfc interface it must be applied with "input" as the
direction. I'm not sure what effect disabling MLS would have on this process
but I'm sure the benefits (if there would be any) would not be worth it. You
can however use QoS policies on the layer 2 modules with acl mapping to
achieve much of the same benefits.

jh