In my humble opinion, cef should not interfere with any of your qos commands
(if anything it helps). As a matter of fact CEF is required when using
certain types of class/policy maps. It sounds to me like custom queuing
would better suit your needs. You probably already know this but.... custom
queuing allows you to divide bandwidth among different protocols/hosts/etc.
The great thing with CQ is that bandwidth not used in one queue becomes
available to other queues. I know it's frustrating when this stuff doesn't
work the way we think it should, but I've never seen a routing/switching
platform that outperform or outscale Cisco gear.

jh