I was misunderstanding the original question, as well, but someone else
explained it to me.  I think the original poster wasn't stating that
OSPF won't originate a default route learned via OSPF, he was wanting to
know *how* to force OSPF to not originate a default route that it
learned from an OSPF neighbor.  Or, phrased the other way, they wanted
to make sure any default route originated from that router was an
external route.

I think we were both confused by the wording.

John

>>> "Captian Lance"  1/23/03 1:49:03 PM >>>
I have never hear of the second condition.  And to complicate things
more
consider the command

ip ospf default-information originate always

This command will force the OSPF router to advertise a default router
if one
is present or not.

Lance

""Darrell Newcomb""  wrote in message
> Typo below
>
> > 3)Now maybe your entire network is just Router's A,B,andC.  Then
RouterC
> > would have a default learned from somewhere else and hopefully a
lower
> admin
> > distance than the default seen from RouterA.  Then you could have
> > survivable situation where RouterA can originate a new default
based
upon