Can anyone give me a real world example of why you would need to consider
using TCP Load Distribution. I am summarising slightly but
TCP Load Distribution seems to be a method of using a single IP address (the
Global Inside Address)inbound; which is handed off to different devices on
the inside. OK.

If this is a fair description I can see that this would be useful for load
sharing amongst internal servers. IE maybe if an increasing number of
Internet customers were accessing your resources - on line shopping whatever
- that you might want to spread (balance) the load among several identical
servers? So is 'loosely' like HSRP (not to do with redundancy so much) but
conceptually in that there is a VIRTUAL entity that supports multiple
physical entities (servers) to enable the load distribution amongst these
'real' devices.

Therefore is the case that the real devices don’t need to be network devices
- they would most likely be UNIX (typically Internet facing) boxes of some
sort? Any response to clarify my muddle thinking much appreciated! Apologies
for dumb question.