From: Lupi, Guy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 10:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Help the newbie... [7:62087]

Are the links going to be connected to the same routers on both sides?  If
so, then you can use static routes and CEF per-packet load sharing, you
would have to place 2 static routes in each router for the IP blocks that
the other router serves, give the command "ip cef" in global configuration
mode, and then the command "ip load-sharing per-packet" under interface
configuration mode for each interface connecting the 2 routers.  If both
links are the same bandwidth, then CEF would work fine, if both are not the
same bandwidth you would have to play some games to get the load sharing to
reflect the bandwidth differences (probably not the best solution), or you
would have to use EIGRPs unequal cost load balancing.
All of this assumes you have Cisco routers on both sides of the link, if not
it is still possible to load share across the links, but how it would be
done is dependent on the vendor.