This is a minor detail that a lot of documentation assumes you know
already, which is a bad assumption.

le = less than or equal to,

ge = greater than or equal to.

Read the prefix lists in that manner and they suddenly make a lot more
sense!

HTH,
John

>>> "ericbrouwers"  1/29/03 2:44:47 PM >>>
Hello,

I've a question about BGP prefix-lists. In BGP prefix commands the
operators
"le" and "ge" can be used. For instance:
    ip prefix-list abc permit 0.0.0.0/0 ge 8 le 24
I suppose that the "e" in "le" and "ge" means "equal to", doesn't it?

I ask this because Cisco's prefix-list documentation is sometimes
ambiguous
with respect to ranges and equations (at least for me as a non-native
English
speaker):

- "from 8 to 24". This includes (both 8 and) 24, doesn't it?
- "up to 24". This includes 24, doesn't it?
- "greater than 25". In my opinion this does not include 25, but in
some
prefix-list examples Cisco suggests it is included.
- "less than 16". In my opinion this does not include 16, but in some
prefix-list examples Cisco suggests it is included.

Thanks for any comments.

Eric Brouwers