MADMAN wrote:

> Hmmm, IOS imgaes that are approaching, (in some cases
> exceeding) 20M  ;)

I'm not sure what your point it, other than to be funny :-), but I do have
to say that it doesn't matter that it's a 20 MB file when talking about the
file travelling across a fraction of an inch within a switch versus the file
travelling across say a 10-foot cable.

OK, so the first bit would incur maybe an extra 20 nanoseconds of delay. The
remaining 160,000,000 bits would be right behind the first one and wouldn't
encounter any extra delay.

>    Dave
>
> Larry Letterman wrote:
> > where did the other 1/3 of the speed go ?

Resistance caused by the cable properties. (It should have said 2/3 the
speed of light in a vacuum).

Priscilla