First of all, what version of Pix OS are you running?
I have a similar setup like yours with a "franken" pix firewall between
an Oracle9i Server running on Linux and an Oracle9i Client running on
a windows 2k machine.
I am running version 6.3(0) build 131 on my "franken" pix firewall and
it works great connecting to port sqlnet 1521 on the Oracle server behind
firewall.  Just make sure you have this in your pix configuration:
fixup protocol sqlnet 1521
Make sure that you're running version 6.2(2) or 6.3(0) build 131 beta and you
will be fine.
Have fun.
D.
 Paulo Roque  wrote:I have a PIX firewall between a oracle server and a
client.

The client always start a connection on port 1521 on the server.

The server always send a port redirect to the client informing the client to
start a new connection on second port.

This second port is always random, what makes me create a rule that permits
the client to connect to any port on the server. This situation is bad.

Is it possible to create a rule that restrict the client access to the
server and still permit the oracle connection to occur?