I have a PIX firewall  between a oracle server and a client.

The client always start a connection on port 1521 on the server.

The server always send a port redirect to the client informing the client to
start a new connection on second port.

This second port is always random, what makes me create a rule that permits
the client to connect to any port on the server. This situation is bad.

Is it possible to create a rule that restrict the client access to the
server and still permit the oracle connection to occur?

Eng. Paulo Roque
Network Engineer
Cisco Certified Network Associate
[EMAIL PROTECTED]