MADMAN wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I would have to look at the DLSW redundancy configs to give
> you a
> diffinitive answer, (I can't memorize all this stuff:), but I
> can
> promise you that you can't have two differant ring numbers on a
> single
> token ring.  You will bring the ring down.

Maybe the two routers really are on different rings. The original poster
needs to figure this out.

Regardless, HSRP should work across the bridged rings. It would be like two
routers doing HSRP even though they are on different switched LANs. That
works (most of the time. ;-)

The HSRP routers communicate with each other using a multicast address.
Assuming the Token Ring bridges (or Ethernet switches in the case of
Ethernet) aren't filtering multicasts, it should work. In the generic case,
multicasts flow across a bridged network without problems.

Now, Token Ring still has that old issue of not really supporting multicast
addresses. Instead it uses functional addresses. But Cisco must have solved
that since, as you say, HSRP works on SRB usually.

Priscilla

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk331/tk336/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094548.shtml