Yes.  The Cisco client does that, both the older 3.x version and the newest
3.x version.

Every time I VPN into the office network using a Cisco VPN client, I am
prompted for my password.  (The username is remembered in my browser).  I
think what you will want to do is make sure that you check the box on the
VPN concentrator's GUI requiring user authentication (XAUTH, I think).

Best regards,

Tom Larus