From: Thomas Larus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 February 2003 21:20
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Cisco VPN client [7:62665]

Yes.  The Cisco client does that, both the older 3.x version and the newest
3.x version.

Every time I VPN into the office network using a Cisco VPN client, I am
prompted for my password.  (The username is remembered in my browser).  I
think what you will want to do is make sure that you check the box on the
VPN concentrator's GUI requiring user authentication (XAUTH, I think).

Best regards,

Tom Larus

""Sam Sneed""  wrote in message
> I was thinking of using Cisco VPN client for RAS solution. I need to use
> digital certificates. With MS PPTP solution once someone has the
certificate
> they can log in. Thats all thats needed. What I want to do is have client
> use certificate and still have to be prompted for username and password to
> log into VPN. This is not possible with MS solution. Is it possible with
> cisco?
 the system manager.

 This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
 the
 presence of computer viruses.

 For more information contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 phone + 353 1 4093000

 fax + 353 1 4093001