>John,
>
>Sounds like you had what I call a "Floating Talking Head" experience.
It's
>happened to me before.
>
>Basically, you are in the middle of teaching, presenting, or briefing,
and
>you experience a trippy sensation of almost being outside yourself.
As you
>talk, your self awareness gets distorted, and you become very aware
that you
>are forming sounds with your mouth.  You are like "whoa!  I am talking
about
>stuff!"  to people!  Whoa!  This of causes messes up whatever it was
you
>were trying to say, or you speed up, or get goofy.

This is *exactly* what it was like!  It was frustrating, but I can only
blame myself.  I haven't been getting much sleep lately and I think
that's why I was zoning out.  Heck, I'm so sleep right now that's it's
hard to focus on writing this email.  Imagine trying to teach a class in
this condition!

Well, I'm certainly glad there are others who can relate, just as I
suspected.

Time for some more coffee before I nod off here at my desk.

Thanks!
John