Hello,

My company has this 3rd party connection through ATM.  The ATM TA has an
ethernet outlet which is and connected to our core router. Our parner
company is connected with anATM module on their router.

Recently, I was told by our partner company that they were running ping test
and they could not ping my ethernet interface (on the core router) with
datagram over 1500 byte.

>From both the router itself and my workstation, I pinged my own interface
with 1600 byte, and I was able to ping it.  But when I pinged my partner
company's interface with 1600 byte, it failed.

In general it seems that pinging from other nodes, there is no problem, but
sitting on the routers itself, pinging the other routers interface with the
datagram size of over 1500 is failing.

There isn't any problem with connection of performance.  But I am very
curious about why this is happening.
Does anybody have any idea why this would happen?  Or can anybody give me a
clue as to how to approach this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Sean Kim