Sorry about that....I sometimes forget that most people are
running hybrid, since we
run all our sup/msfc devices natively......

Troy's solution is in fact a great way to lock it down...

--

Larry Letterman
Network Engineer

""Berman Andrew""  wrote in message
> Thanks. Yes, indeed it does have MSFCs. But if I just put
ACLs in the MSFC
> won't I be merely preventing telnet to the MSFCs and not
to the switch
> itself?  The MSFC can be reached by direct telnet to its
own IP address or
> by telneting to the switch and then issuing a "session 15"
command.

> I think the CatOS "set ip permit x.x.x.x telnet" command
that Troy mentioned
> is what I need to restrict telnet access to the switch.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Andrew
[EMAIL PROTECTED]