The below are my 3524xl uplinks to my other switches, I dont
have to put
switch access commands in...I assume you are running default
isl/dot1q encapsulation
for the trunking...I dont see any commands for the ISL or
Dot1Q trunks listed.

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 description to sjc5-00-gw1
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,152,155,1002-1005
 switchport mode trunk
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/2
 description to sjc5-00-gw2
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,152,155,1002-1005
 switchport mode trunk

Larry Letterman
Network Engineer
Cisco Systems