>Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:
>
>> >Strongly recommend her book.  The lady has a lot of style.
>> >

>> I don't remember if she's still doing a protocol design seminar
>> as
>> she used to do at Interop, but she's a delightful speaker, once
>> you
>> get used to the idea of somebody being a stereotyped New York
>> Jewish
>> Mother nagging packets.
>
>I don't think Radia Perlman fits any stereotype, actually. She is a
unique
>entity. I found out recently that her name is pronounced like radiate
and
>radio, which I thought was perfect. She radiates intelligence, humor,
>cynicism, and earth-mother goddess. (Well, and maybe Jewish mother
too! ;-)

This is too funny.  As I read the post that mentions Radia I was
wondering how her name was pronounced.  I always thought it was "rah dee
uh", but I had an instructor who said it was "ray dee uh".  I'd never
known which was actually correct.

That's similar to Paul's last name.  I never knew how to pronounce
Borghese until I heard it on his voice mail.  :-)  Hmm... it's also
similar to Peter Van Oene's name.  I think Peter and I have had this
discussion before.    Or how about Mr. Luhrooh?

John