""Masaru Umetsu""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Regarding a workbook(ex:CertificationZone.com) for CCIE Lab,
> is it good for CCIE Lab? Is it valuable to buy ?
> If there is another to recommend to buy , please tell me !

ah, the perfect opportunity to throw in my own few bucks worth.

no offense to any of the producers of CCIE practice labs. The vendors with
whom I am familiar have all done an excellent job in mimicking the Real
Thing. IP Expert, Hello Computers, Bootcamp are all first rate products.

However, buyers should be aware that each of these vendors have crafted
their labs around an equipment rack which they maintain, and hope to make
money renting to you. The real lab has a few routers and a couple of
switches. Not the dozen or so that these vendors require for their labs. OK.
I exaggerate a bit. But not much.
I believe I am accurate when I state that it can be difficult to simulate
these vendor pods with your home rack.

Nor do I think you need to, but that's another story.

Buyers and sekkers of practice materials should also do a google search on
"CCIE practice labs" and see what you can find. There are LOTS of materials
out there.

My own opinion, to be taken with the appropriate measure of salt: with all
due respect to the vendors of practice labs, it really doesn't make much
difference whose you use. They all sport lists of successful candidates who
used their materials and offer testamonials. Obviously, all of the vendors
are doing something right. There are people who use their materials and
succeed.

The real key is practice, practice, practice, and then read up on why the
answer is what it is, then practice some more.  It is incredibly important
to understand alternatives. And how to attain reachability. And how to
research something you've never heard of on the doc CD, and what to do when
your routing table is a disaster, and when you see route flapping, and
default routes pointing to the wrong router, or your routing protocol does
not communicate with another router the way that it should.

Oh - BTW - never underestimate the value of the free stuff on CCO. The
config guides, the design guides, the stuff in the TAC section, if you have
access to that. Or www.fatkid.com, for that matter.

Best wishes.

Chuck
still stuck at 21,000 feet or so.