Sorry I don't have a URL that explains how Windows RPC on a server hands out
a port number for the client to use. Anyone else?

However, I will help you reverse engineer it! ;-) Are you guessing that the
port number is in that same packet that has the IP address in ASCII. That
would be my guess, if it's anythign like the FTP PORT command. Can you send
us the entire packet in hex for the one with port 4541 or some other port
you tell us in advance??

Could a firewall or smart IDS be sending back the resets?? Just a thought.

Priscilla