forgive the format. my Outlook Express client is severely misbehaving,
crashing randomly when I try to do in-line posting.

>i have a question about NDA that i am not sure about ,hope
> someone can answer me

Cisco is the ultimate arbiter. you can contact them directly at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  I have found that they will respond if you are specific.

be aware that I have asked about potential NDA violation of specific
training materials and received conflicting answers.

>if i write about Cat3550 ,routing protocol stuff (NOT same
> question,diagram ,score ,time ... like in the real lab ) will i BREAK any
> NDA

While having been through the Lab demands that you be a little more careful,
the fact is that the equipment in the Lab and the equipment in the real
world all works the same way and has similar capability. There is only so
much that can be said.

If you were to say "here is what I saw in the CCIE Lab when I was there" and
provided information, that would be NDA. On the other hand, if you were to
start by identifying core topics, core skill sets, and go from there, you
are probably OK.

Is Caslow a violation of NDA? NLI? IPXpert? Etc?

Or maybe to put it another way, is it any real secret as to what the core
topics are?

>the lab had 2 CAT3550 and every one knew about it
> ,but if i write about a question like create vlan xx and connecting 2 cats
> together , will it fall under NDA violation if i write "NEXT TASK IS TO
USE
> CONSOLE PORT TO CONNECT the switch , allow only VLAN xx to pass,and create
> some thing to put port in :-) "

better way to put this might be to consider skill sets necessary to proclaim
"expertise" and write around emphasizing those skill sets.

So, for multiple switches in any environment, let alone the CCIE Lab, what
are the expert level things one should know? for example, trunking? VTP?
etherchannel? fallback bridging? vlan failover? various spanning tree
functions? vlan tunnels? etc?

>Like Mr Karl Solie books ,he also a ccie and his books got lots of stuff
> very close to the real lab according to amanzon feedback, how come cisco
> didnt NDA him yet ,or ciscopress can publish those NDA stuff any time they
> want ?,is it a time limit for NDA after the lab ?

I got a better one for you. Cisco publishes the ASET labs for Cisco
employees and partners to use for  CCIE preparation. Forget NDA. Is this
fair? that working for a partner I can see practice materials written by
Cisco that someone else who does not have that advantage cannot? that I can
attend Cisco sponsored training that others may not?

>Or is it freely to write any thing but the question must not look like the
> lab but still contains same routing,switching protocol like in the lab .

I think you're OK if you stay clear of any implication that you are
revealing what you saw in the Lab. When I wrote my white paper, available on
Cert Zone, I had not yet seen the new Lab. Now that I've been through the
new Lab, I make very sure that I do not make statements about whether or not
the paper is close to what I saw in the lab. What I do say is that the
topics covered are part of an expert skill set that I believe are required,
especially now that I am doing a lot more big campus switching projects for
customers. as such, the knowledge cannot hurt when one prepares for the Lab.

note - the message below was cut in order for me to respond without my news
client crashing.

""Nicky Lane Nicky Lane""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> hi everyone ,i have a question about NDA that i am not sure about ,hope
> someone can answer me .

snip