Richard Burdette wrote:

> Sorry for the typo, bit of port dslyexia perhaps, the analyzer
> is in 2/3 and
> one of the routers is in 1/2.  I used the command correctly on
> the bridge
> but I mis-typed in my post.  As corrected it should have read
> "set span 1/2
> 2/3 both".

Where's the other router? I don't think you would make the following
mistakes, but it's worth a check:

1) The two routers can't be both out the same port of the switch, for
example, plugged into another switch on port 1/2. The packets wouldn't go
through the switch doing SPAN in that case. (Sorry if that's obvious!)

2) One of the routers can't be on the same port as the analyzer. In software
release 4.2 and later, incoming traffic on the SPAN destination port is
disabled by default. You can enable it using the inpkts enable keywords.

Other thoughts:

Did this analyzer ever work to capture anything other than its own traffic
and broadcast traffic? It needs to work in promiscuous mode to capture
traffic not intended for its NIC. The NIC needs to support promiscuous mode
too. Most do, but it could be disabled or the software could be disabling
it. What analyzer is it? I think Ethereal has a menu option for this.

To mirror what someone else said in a different thread: Is there a firewall
on the analzyer machine that could be blocking traffic?

Let us know! Thanks,

Priscilla
www.priscilla.com