Tunde

For a VOIP basic lab you need

At least two analog telephony devices/connections (eg telephone, pstn phone
line)

At least two routing devices (ie routers) with network connectivity and
appropriate interfaces for the above devices. (eg 2600, MC3810)

connectivity/routes between the routers.

==========
eg1
        Two telephones
        Two 2600 routers
        Two NM-1V Voice network modules
        Two VIC-2FXS

eg2
        Two telephones
        Two MC3810
        Two AVM3 or AVM6 (Analog voice modules)
        Two FXS APMs (Analog Personality Modules)

If you are using a PSTN line instead of a telephone then replace FXS with
FXO

If you are buying used from auction sites such as Ebay then eg2 will work
probably out to be a lot cheaper option and just as capable as the 2600
router (in terms of voice, basic routing).

Regards

        Peter Walker
        CC[NID]P, CIPTSS, etc

--On 03 March 2003 12:36 +0000 Tunde Kalejaiye