  From: Jean-Marc Simard
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 7:50 PM
  Subject: Help: Main Diagnostic Menu on 2501 router??? [7:64427]

  I just bought a 2501 router through Ebay for my CCIP/CCNP study and it's
not
  supposed to have an IOS on it. When I power it up, instead of getting the
  rommon> prompt, I get the Main Diagnostic Menu as shown below. If I execute
  the diag tests offered all the tests pass, but I just can't get past this
  menu.

  Can someone, please, tell me what is wrong with it or how I can work around
  it?

  Thanks a lot

  JM

  (I had some problems with my mailer, so sorry if it gets posted twice)

  ------- (output at power up)----------
  cisco Systems
  Diagnostic Monitor

  Testing boot state
  Exiting boot state
  Testing Main Memory from 0h to E000h. data equals address
  Testing Main Memory from 0h to E000h. checkerboard
  Testing Main Memory from 0h to E000h. inverse checkerboard
  Clearing bss
  Enabling interrupts
  Exiting init

  Diagnostic Monitor for CANCUN, Version 1.7.4(4)
  Compiled by haidung on Wed 19-Nov-97 14:26

        Main Diagnostic Menu
   a: alter diag flags
   b: basic utilities
   c: do all diags in this menu
   d: do group of diags in this menu
   e: bus error test
   f: image checksum test
   g: timer interrupt test
   h: size memory
   i: main memory test
   j: main memory parity test
   k: shared memory test
   l: shared memory parity test
   m: flash memory test
   n: nvram test
   o: aux port test
   p: serial cookie test
   q: serial interface test
   s: ethernet (Am79C90-LANCE) test
  FLAGS: Continuous OFF  Stop on error OFF  Ext. loopback ON  Abbr. test OFF

  enter Main Diagnostic Menu item >
  -------