""Larry Letterman""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> The only protocol for routing is eigrp...
> Looks like split horizon is on to me...

sure, but the interface report serves a different purpose. The only routing
protocols that honor split horizon are IGRP and RIP.

BGP, OSPF and EIGRP use topology tables of one kind or another ( stop
steaming at the ears, Howard :-> )

it is highly feasible that any of these latter protocols would need to
advertise routes back out the interface from which they were learned. Eg DR,
BDR, etc. BGP neighbor, etc.